Information discussed on the April 10, 2020 Lift Your Spirits Radio show with guest Dr. John Ruhland.
As always, any information provided on this website is for general informational purposes only. ICWA, and Dr. Ruhland, recommend you work with a Naturopath or other holistic physician to come up with a treatment plan specific to you.
Walter Pierpaoli is the discoverer of Melatonin’s beneficial effects. His website: https://drpierpaoli.ch/ENG/Melatonin-47bc6f00
Presentation slides: High Dose Melatonin Therapy – An Ideal Adjuvant Anti-cancer Therapy byFRANK SHALLENBERGER, MD, HMD CARSON CITY, NV USA https://riordanclinic.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3-3-Shallenberger-High-Dose-Melatonin-Therapy-An-Ideal-Adjuvant.pdf
- Melatonin produced at night by pineal gland. ANY light except for red light suppresses its production. VERY IMPORTANT TO SLEEP WHEN IT IS DARK OUT.
- Side effects: none. Peaks one hour after taking it. Sustained for 3-4 hours
- Crosses blood-brain barrier, does not affect levels of any other hormones,
- Melatonin in the treatment of cancer: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials and meta-analysis. Mills, Wu et al. J Pineal Res. 2005 November: 39(4):360-6.
- -directly inhibits cancer cells
- -stimulated immunity to fight cancer
- -most radiation and chemo patients no longer have side effects, synergistic effect with chemo in some
- -protects damage from radiation imaging tests such as CT’s and PET
- -reduced risk of dying by about half
- -works no matter the dose
- -stimulates mitochondria
- -works especially well in estrogen positive breast, and prostate ca (hormone-related cancers)
- -inhibits metastases (main cause of death)
- -stimulates cell differentiation
- -Bottom line: STOPS THE GROWTH
- Mechanisms of inhibition by melatonin. Su, Hsieh, Yan. J Pineal Res, 2017: Jan:62(1).
- Melatonin uptake through glucose transporters: a new target for melatonin inhibition of cancer. Hovia, Gonzalez, Menendez. J Pineal Res. 2015 Mar:58(2):234-50.
Other important points about melatonin from Dr. Ruhland:
- Reduces uptake of glucose
- Melatonin is the best anti-oxidant in nervous system
- Melatonin is anti-estrogenic
- Melatonin reduces cisplatin-induced renal injury and neuropathy
- CaEDTA given day after cisplatin prevents it from accumulating and causing neuropathy
- US Army found it protects against radiation (1998 study)
- Dose for protecting from CT/PET scans – 300 mg 2 hours before scan
- No contraindications
- In animal studies, melatonin stops:
- Macular degeneration (stops it 100% of time)
- CV disease
- Do not use tablets or time-release
Dr. John explained he is slowly adding to his list of therapies as he finds treatments with documented success. Here is what he’s put together so far:
- Vitamins C, A, D, B Vitamins – especially Thiamine and Riboflavin;
- Zinc — which the science is showing is essential for treating C-19;
- Glutathione precursors;
- Homeopathy, both for prevention and for treatment;
- Herbs, many, although two in particular (Andrographis; St. Johnswort has been working very well for my patients for symptoms of infection as well as the anxiety and depression people are feeling);
- Iodine; and more.
- IV-C is proving very effective for moderate and advanced patients;
- fatty acids for energy
- Ozone is being used worldwide with great success (see below)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is effective early on and moderate cases. Possibly with advanced cases as well.
- Glandular treatment, in particular Thymus, and cocounut oil.
Example: Please see Ibiza Covid-19 Patient Expresses Thanks For Ozone Therapy By Rhian King – 10th April 2020Sergio Tonelli, a 49 year old man entered the Nuestra Señora del Rosario Polyclinic in Ibiza on the 27th March was quickly sent to the ICU due to his deteriorating condition. After receiving 6 sessions of Ozone therapy he is walking, talking and able to tell his story.